How Live Streaming Can Benefit Your eCommerce Business?
What is live streaming, and how does it work?
As the internet has evolved, so too has how we consume content. These days, it’s not enough to watch a video or read an article – we want to be a part of the action. This is where live streaming comes in. Live streaming is recording and uploading a video on different platforms in real-time. It is a great way to connect with your customers in real-time and create a more personal connection. It’s like being right there in person with them.
How to set up a live streaming for your eCommerce business?
Setting up a live stream is a relatively simple process, but there are a few things you need to consider. Here’s a basic overview of setting up a live stream:
- Choose the platform you want to use. You can use several platforms for live streaming, including Facebook Live, YouTube Live, etc.
- Create or log in to your account.
- Configure your settings. You’ll have to choose an enticing title for your stream, choose whether or not you want to allow comments from viewers, and configure other settings such as video quality and bitrate.
- Start streaming! Once your settings are configured, all you need to do is hit the “stream” button and start broadcasting.
5 Benefits of live streaming for your eCommerce business
Live streaming is one of the most powerful tools you have at your disposal. It can help you build trust with your audience, increase engagement and conversions, and even improve SEO. In this post, we’ll discuss 5 benefits of live streaming for your ecommerce business.
1. Reach new audiences and increase engagement
One of the main benefits of live streaming is that it can help your eCommerce business reach new audiences and increase engagement with your current audience. It’s a trend that’s gaining popularity these days. Jumping on it now can help you get ahead of the competition before every eCommerce business does it. Many viewers will also find live videos to be more engaging, especially those who aren’t into watching too formal or scripted videos. The spontaneity of live videos will keep hold of your audience’s attention for a lot longer than many other forms of media.
2. Build trust and a more personal connection with your customers
Since it’s happening in real-time, your interaction with your audience feels more authentic. It provides a personal connection that you can’t replicate with any other form of communication. It’s the next best thing to be there in person. This experience is essential because it builds trust and connects with your customers. They feel like they are getting to know you and your business personally. And this kind of experience is valuable because it helps create a loyal customer base. This connection can help build their trust in your brand and encourage them to purchase from you and return in the future. Customers will be more likely to recommend your products or services to their friends and families.
3. Give your customers a closer look and a more authentic understanding of your product
Live streaming also helps to increase the conversion rate as customers can see the actual product or service before buying. It provides a way for customers to see the product in action and learn more about it. From showing off new products to demonstrating how they are used, live streaming is a powerful tool for eCommerce businesses. It’s the perfect way to give your customers a behind-the-scenes look at your company. Plus, it’s a great way to get new customers interested in your products. When people can see a product in action, they’re more likely to want to buy it. That is why it’s a good idea to incorporate live streaming into your eCommerce business. It’s a great way to show your audience what you’re all about, and it can help you boost sales. When done correctly, live streaming can be a powerful tool for your eCommerce business.
4. Helps with visual merchandising and efficient inventory management
Your followers can see your products in action when you’re live streaming. This is an effective way to demonstrate how your products are used and show off your product’s features. Live streaming is also a great way to do a little visual merchandising. You can style and showcase your products in a way that will make them irresistible to your followers. Plus, live streaming can help with inventory management. When followers see a product they like, they can immediately purchase it. There’s no need to wait for the product to be added to your online store.
5. Improves your SEO performance
Finally, live streaming can also help to improve SEO. By including keywords during your live stream, you can improve your SEO ranking and help your business to become more visible online. You can also upload the live-streamed video to your website and other video-streaming platforms such as YouTube. Such content is valuable and signals to search engines that your website has valuable content, thus giving more authority to your website domain. A higher website domain authority will have a higher chance of ranking higher on search engines; therefore, your impressions and organic traffic will improve over time. Read about common SEO issues in this article.
5 Tips for a compelling live stream for your eCommerce business
Live streaming is truly one of the most powerful tools an eCommerce business owner can use to connect with customers and build relationships. But it can also be daunting for beginners. It’s hard to know where to start with so many platforms and options to choose from. Here are some tips for creating a compelling live stream.
1. Choose the right live streaming platform for your business
Not all live streaming platforms are created equal. Some are better suited for certain types of businesses than others. When choosing a live streaming platform, you’ll need to consider your target audience, the kind of content you’ll be streaming and your budget.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a platform:
- Target audience: Do you want to reach a global audience or just a local one? Some platforms have more global reach than others.
- Type of content: Not all platforms are suitable for all kinds of content. If you’re planning on streaming video or audio, make sure the platform you choose supports those formats.
- Budget: Some platforms are free to use, while others have subscription fees.
2. Create engaging live streams
Engaging live streams start with creating a plan.
What do you want to achieve with your stream?
Who is your target audience?
What type of content will you be streaming?
Once you have a clear idea of your goals, it will be easier to create a format that works for you and your audience.
Here are some tips for creating engaging live streams:
- Start by creating a schedule and letting your customers know when you’ll be streaming.
- Make sure your live stream is engaging and interactive. Ask your viewers questions and get them involved in the discussion.
- Be prepared for questions and comments from viewers. Address them promptly and courteously.
- End your live stream on a positive note. Thank your viewers for their time, and let them know when you’ll be streaming again.
3. Here’s what to include in your live streams
When creating a live stream, it’s important to remember that you’re putting on a show. This means that you should plan and prepare accordingly, just like you would for any other presentation or performance. That means that you should start by scripting your content and determining what you want to accomplish.
What are your goals for the live stream?
What do you want viewers to take away from it?
Once you have a solid plan in place, it will be easier to execute and keep your broadcast on track. You should also consider what type of format will work best for your content. Will you do a Question & Answer session? A tutorial? A product launch? There are many different possibilities, so choose the one that best suits your content and target audience.
4. How to incorporate live streaming in your business’ marketing strategy
You don’t want to hold anything back regarding live streaming for business. This is your chance to show your fans and followers what goes on behind the scenes. It can be a great way to give people a peek into your world and share some of your insider tips. Plus, live streaming is the perfect way to connect with your audience in real-time. They can ask you questions, and you can give them real-time answers.
Some ways in which you can incorporate live streaming in your business’ marketing plan are:
- Hold giveaways! Giveaways entice your viewers and buyers to participate, and you may gain increased brand awareness as well.
- Conduct product launches for new products. When you are launching a new product, it is great to hold a live stream to showcase a sneak preview of your new product to your target audience. This would spark interest and bring about greater anticipation for your products.
- Do a ‘LiveCommerce’! LiveCommerce is where you share your products on a live stream and invite your viewers to purchase on the spot. This brings you greater conversions as buyers can immediately make purchases and cut down on the turnaround time.
5. How to improve live streaming
If you have already started live streaming for your business, but you do not see the improvements it brings to your business, then you must evaluate what you have been doing right and what needs to be improved.
Here are some elements of live streaming that you may consider in order to create more effective live streams:
- Lighting: The lighting in your space is key for a successful live stream. You want to have a bright yet natural light for your viewers. If you’re streaming from home, try to do so in the daytime or near a window. If that’s not possible, try using artificial light sources like lamps or LED bulbs.
- Background: Make sure your background is distraction-free and complimentary to your space. For example, if you’re streaming from your bedroom, avoid having piles of laundry in the background! A simple white backdrop can work well, or go for something more creative like a mural or a bookcase filled with your favorite reads.
- Environment: Keep your space tidy and organized! This will help keep your energy up and make a more pleasant stream for you and your viewers.
Live streaming is a powerful communications tool to help your business reach new heights. By following these tips, you can create engaging live streams that will help you connect with your audience and promote your business.
If you do not have an eCommerce website, Verz Design can help you build one.
Verz Design is an expert in eCommerce web development with over 10 years of experience. Get up to 80% funding for your eCommerce website design & development solution with a pre approved vendor for PSG. Contact Verz Design at 6841 1680 or email [email protected] for a free consultation today!