7 Digital Marketing Strategies to Boost Your Ecommerce Sales
How to Boost Your Ecommerce Business with Digital Marketing Strategies
1. Establish your social media presence
This strategy is at the top of the list of digital marketing strategies to boost ecommerce sales. Everyone is on social media nowadays and it has been proven to be a key marketing tool for every business.
With a single click of a button, you can reach thousands of customers through different kinds of promotions. A lot of businesses today have been able to grow their customer base through different social media platforms.
It also gives you access to valuable customer feedback and allows you to communicate with your target audience. The use of influencers increases visibility and value from social media but it takes a whole lot of time and effort to build a dedicated audience. If you’re new, using influencers with an established following can help increase your number of followers quickly.
It’s important to find social media influencers who your target customers are following. If you do your research, you’ll know that there’s really no need to go after influencers with millions of followers. Knowing how to leverage micro-influencers is an effective way to reach your target customers. At the same time, give them content worth following and sharing.
Aside from this, make sure that Facebook and Instagram icons can be found on your site. With this, your customers can easily find and follow your business on these platforms. Remember, no website is complete without linked social media icons.
Another way to reach prospective followers is to use social media to encourage customers to share your products to get discounts.
These marketing tactics will help you reach your target audience, gain more followers and turn them into prospective sales. You may also check out this article and learn how to choose the right social media platforms for your business.
2. Establish a strong SEO strategy
SEO is the process of improving your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business.
It is an effective strategy to gain organic traffic and qualified leads. The higher visibility your pages have in the search results, the more likely you will attract customers.
It is also important to note that simply maintaining a functional website is not enough. You may have the best website when it comes to design, layout, and functionality. However, potential customers may never see it if you don’t have a strong and effective SEO strategy. Optimising your content will ensure that your website lands at the top of search results on Google.
SEO remains to be one of the most effective long-term strategies for generating highly-targeted, organic traffic. And it is most powerful when you know how to leverage it. Start by conducting research on what are some of the most highly searched keywords in your industry.
Do in-depth keyword research and determine a pool of keywords with high search intent and buying intent. After that, you will be able to start optimising your website pages and write several value-adding blog posts. It will help boost your visibility and eventually boost eCommerce sales.
3. Plan for regular and effective email marketing
Email marketing is still one of the most effective digital marketing strategies to increase ecommerce sales. eCommerce business owners use it to inform their existing customers about new products, promotions or remind customers of their abandoned shopping cart.
But emails also play an important role in providing a better customer shopping experience. When ordering on any eCommerce website, shoppers will usually receive a confirmation email and a digital invoice as proof that their order has been placed.
Users may also email questions about your products, their shopping experience or any refund/return concerns. This way, you will be able to gain their trust and build your company’s credibility.
And this is even more so when you use a personalised email marketing approach. Customers appreciate it when they feel like they are recognised and valued. Personalising your email campaigns according to your customers’ preferences will help tap into your customer’s interests, which could enhance your profitability.
Some personalised email marketing tips:
- Use recipients’ first names in the subject line and make it personal for the sender too. Getting an email from an actual person creates a much warmer and more welcoming experience.
- Develop marketing personas. Determine the personal attributes, challenges and goals of your prospects and customers. Find out what drives them to purchase your company’s services or products. Creating personas for different parts of your database will help you develop a more targeted, personal content for your email messages.
- Build an email list to get direct access to your target audience and potential customers.
4. Include customer reviews
An eCommerce business without a customer reviews section will most likely pose distrust among potential customers. They would possibly assume that sales are low and that the credibility of the business is also low.
One of the main benefits of online customer reviews is that site visitors will be prompted to complete their purchase when they read good reviews of other customers.
Nothing is more persuasive than a detailed review from a fellow customer who’s already used the products they’re looking at. Including ratings and reviews on your product pages is a proven strategy to turn more site visitors into customers.
If a product has good ratings and good reviews, the confidence of new consumers will increase. We all know that that plays a major role in reducing rebound rates or abandonment of shopping carts. Credibility is a fundamental basis in an eCommerce business, and this is what a customer reviews section is for: building your business’ credibility.
5. Explore referral marketing
Another strategy included in the list of effective digital marketing strategies to boost ecommerce sales is referral marketing. Through referral marketing, you can use the enthusiasm of your customers to influence and build a steady stream of new customers.
In general, referral marketing is the practice of getting your customers to tell others about how much they love your business. It is a word-of-mouth initiative that aims to leverage your existing customers to introduce your products to their family and friends to become new customers.
It’s similar to curating customer testimonials; the only difference is that it’s more direct, and it’s easier to do. Just like you, your prospects trust the people they personally know more than they trust random people on the internet, so this strategy is proven effective.
In addition, you may also try different types of referral marketing. Rewarding with store credit/gifts is one of the most common referral marketing ideas. Rewarding your referrers with store or subscription credit is a great incentive. You may also reward them with an upgrade. Instead of giving your customers something new, give them a better version of something they already have or just bought.
6. Conduct SEM campaigns
In today’s digital world, we all use search engines everyday to look for information and sources for products and services. Search engine positioning becomes incredibly important for businesses to get more traffic and gain visibility.
Another way to land at the top of search engines is to use SEM. SEM or Search Engine Marketing is the practice of marketing a business using paid advertisements that appear on search engine results pages or SERPs.
This type of marketing has become one of the indisputable allies of eCommerce, allowing business owners to increase their sales through paid advertising. Some advantages of SEM include the profitability of targeted and segmented traffic, brand building and the ability to monitor your targeted ads performance.
Some advantages of creating SEM campaigns:
- Better segmentation: A properly segmented campaign gives you a better chance of reaching your target audience. With SEM, you can segment your audience and create campaigns while considering different factors concerning your target markets, such as gender, age, location, interests and even hobbies.
- Monitoring: Through platforms like Google Ads, you can monitor the results of your SEM campaign at all times. You can even get detailed information on your audience’s behaviour, the number of clicks, interactions, impressions, etc.
- Complementing SEO: Combining SEM and SEO will give you a complete digital marketing strategy. It’s important to note that neither SEM nor SEO is better. It’s actually the combination of the two that makes a strong digital marketing strategy.
- Controlling of costs: When implementing an SEM campaign, you will have a high level of control over your expenses. You will be able to set a comfortable budget and only pay when the users interact with your ads.
7. Write compelling copies
Copywriting for eCommerce refers to any written content you create for an online store or website. Headlines, taglines, product descriptions, or landing pages are all places where your writing skills can help in bringing in more sales.
One of the goals of ecommerce copywriting is to clearly explain the benefits of your products while also helping your online store rank better on search engines. To be successful, you need to understand what makes a customer purchase, and your copy needs to be persuasive and promote your brand’s voice.
Tips to write a good copy for your ecommerce business:
- Identify your unique selling point. Think about why a prospect should choose your brand over a competitor’s. Give them a reason to be loyal to your brand. Being able to identify your unique value proposition or what sets you apart from the competition is crucial. Once you fully understand and identify what is special about your business, you’ll be able to communicate that clearly to prospects.
- Tell your story. Answer the question, “What’s the story behind your eCommerce brand?” Storytelling in marketing engages your prospective customers, draws them in, and guides them throughout their customer journey. It humanizes your eCommerce business in a way. And because of this, they will begin to feel emotional connection to the story and people behind the company. Your story can make a memorable impression even long after visitors leave your website.
Consult a leading digital marketing agency today
Verz Design is a leading web design and digital marketing agency in Singapore. We have over 10 years of experience and expertise in providing professional digital marketing strategies for eCommerce businesses. Choose Verz as your ecommerce developer in Singapore today, and we will strive to create digital marketing strategies that best fit your eCommerce business. Find out how you can implement these strategies to market to your target audience effectively.
Contact Verz Design at 6841 1680 or email [email protected] for a free consultation today!