Why Businesses Need a LinkedIn Company Page
Article by Fion Lee
Graphics Design by Ryan Rivera
LinkedIn is the world’s professional networking site. With a community of over 700 million LinkedIn users and over 50 million companies listed, having a LinkedIn company page creates a place for your business within the global professional community and it can help you grow your business.
Social media marketing is a powerful tool to expand your business; Singaporeans spend more than two hours on social media every day scrolling through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. Why not create a LinkedIn company page and attract attention to your business? By sharing news and updates as well as writing about your expertise, you can build brand awareness and become a thought leader in your industry.
What’s more: It’s easy and free!
How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page?
LinkedIn company pages can only be created using a desktop.
Follow these easy steps to create your company page:
- Click on the Work icon at the top right corner of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Create a Company Page under the LinkedIn Business Services tab.
- Choose the type of page: small business (less than 200 employees), medium to large business (200 employees and above), showcase page, or educational institution
- Fill up the basic information needed, such as your company name, website, company size, industry, and upload your company logo.
- Check the verification box and select Create Page.
And you’re done! LinkedIn also provides a checklist of actions to help you build your page. Take the time to fill in the checklist with full details as completed LinkedIn company pages get 30% more views.
5 Best Practices for Managing Your LinkedIn Company Page
Updating your LinkedIn regularly is the best way to stay relevant on LinkedIn and grow your business profile. Here are some of our best practices and ideas for content to help you get started:
1. Post business-related content
Collate about five themes or topics you want your posts to address. It could be related to your company’s business, products or services, or simply issues that the company is passionate about. At Verz Design, we write about web design and development, writing for e-commerce, building trust online and even topics such as cyber security.
Content ideas your company could post about:
- News and updates: Celebrate a new product launch or partnership with a client or write about your company’s anniversary and employee birthdays. News and update posts are simple and straightforward posts about your company that will generate more readership from tagging people involved.
- Opinion posts: Write ‘How-To’ posts or share an anecdote about how your company got through a certain challenge. Readers get value and insights from opinion posts and it helps your company page generate an organic following from interesting content.
2. Use engaging pictures and videos
Most people do not read until the end of the article but almost everyone looks at pictures and videos. Use engaging pictures that catch readers’ attention and refrain from posting blurry, low-definition images. Our secret? Use infographics to repackage word-heavy posts or posts with technical content.
At Verz Design, we have over 20 million images from our stock image banks for you to choose from. Our pictures catch attention and make readers stay for more. Our designers also create infographics that inform and engage your audience so your content reaches maximum viewership.
3. Utilise attention-grabbing headlines
You have a few seconds to attract your audience’s attention. Writing effective headlines will ensure that your readers will click to find out more. Your first sentence or two should revolve around one idea or one train of thought and be around 20 words.
Our best practices that draw reader attention are:
- Starting the post with an unusual anecdote
- Starting with shocking or impactful data
- Writing about a trending topic in your industry or the world
For example: A goldfish at 9 seconds, has a longer attention span than the average internet user. Deliver your content fast.
Keep in mind that your content following has to match your first sentence: don’t clickbait and underdeliver!
4. Tag as many networks as you can
Tag as many relevant people as you can in each post. Your post will appear on the feed of your tagged networks and increases your reach. What’s more, if your tagged networks like and comment on your post within the first hours after posting, it indicates to LinkedIn’s algorithm that your content is useful and LinkedIn will continue to promote the post on your network’s feed even more. Getting more likes and comments sends a message that your company produces content that is credible and popular.
5. Grow your viewership
Hashtags can help you connect to other professionals who share your interests. We suggest you use up to five keywords per post and to keep keywords as generic as possible for higher reach. For example, use hashtags such as #creativity as compared to #creativeworkshop2020. LinkedIn automatically generates recommended hashtags as you start to type in your hashtags as well. We suggest to post using hashtags that are relevant to your content and not to bait others by using hashtags that are not relevant.
Another tip that can help your post reach more viewers is the timing you post. Tuesday to Thursday afternoons work best for the general LinkedIn community but the ‘best’ time varies with your industry.
Building your LinkedIn company page takes time and effort. The good news is, you don’t have to do it alone!
Our team offers social media marketing services such as:
- Setting up your LinkedIn account and company page
- Crafting posts in your company’s brand voice
- Increasing your post viewership and expanding your networks
- Designing captions and artwork for your posts
- Starting and managing your LinkedIn ad campaigns
- Tracking the statistics of your LinkedIn post
Want your LinkedIn company page to get noticed?
Talk to us to find out how we can help to grow your business! Our dedicated social media marketing specialists are dedicated to providing the best services for your company page. Let us help you bring your business to the next level.
Call us at 6841 1680 or drop an email to [email protected] for a free consultation today!