Custom Websites Terms & Conditions
These are the abridged Terms and Conditions of VERZ, which may be updated from time to time by notification in writing. Where a Quotation is executed by VERZ and the Client, the Quotation together with these Conditions (together “the Agreement”) will constitute a contract between the parties. Where there is any manifest inconsistency between the provisions of these Conditions and the Quotation, the provisions of the Quotation will apply. The terms and conditions of the Agreement shall apply as between the parties in respect of the matters described in the Quotation to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms and conditions that the Client purports to apply). Each Agreement entered into between the parties constitutes a separate distinct contract.
- Acceptance of Terms
- Please read these Terms and Conditions before (“Signing up”) on the Quotation. By (“Signing up”) you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the supply of all Services offered by VERZ DESIGN PTE LTD and/ or its associates, related parties, successors and assigns (collectively referred to as “VERZ”) to any persons (hereinafter referred to as “Client”, “you” or “your”) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set
- Payment Terms
- The Client shall pay any and all amounts invoiced by VERZ in relation to the provision of Services in accordance with the following payment terms:
- 30% deposit payable upon acceptance of this quotation. Work will commence upon receipt of deposit.
- 30% payable upon signing off of Business Requirements Document.
- 30% payable upon completion of programming. If required, the Client may request for up to 1 additional month of testing without additional charge.
- 10% payable upon signing off on User Acceptance Tests.
- An invoice will also be sent upon the completion of each phase described above; payment is to be made by the Client within 7 days of VERZ’s submission of an invoice.
- A service charge of S$200 per month is payable on all overdue balances. The Client will also be responsible for legal fees resulting from legal action against default in payment.
One of our core values is in maintaining high integrity with our employees and clients. You can rest assure that VERZ will continue to support your project until it has been completed, even when full payment has been made. We value your trust in us.
- Ambiguity & Managing Conflict
- In terms of Custom Programming (or Software Development), each party understands that it is impossible to describe in full the functional requirement of each module. As such, each party has participated fully in the review and the final contract represents best understanding of the Client’s requirements.
- The contract is construed in a commercially reasonable manner, and the working hours and fees quoted for each module represent the complexity in terms of functional requirement to be delivered. If there are any particular module or functional requirement, which is of high importance to the client, this would have been highlighted and details will be included in this contract.
- In view of conflicts (in terms of functional requirement of each module) arising after endorsement of this contract, the onus on VERZ is to either provide a separate contract with details of agreed functional requirements or deliver a reasonable and industry acceptable standard for the module in conflict.
- The Client acknowledges that all changes or addition of project requirements will result in revisions to the timeline and cost of the project.
- Copyrights and Trademarks
VERZ operates under a paradigm of mutual trust and accountability.
- VERZ only uses valid and original material in all design works. The Client may request for the originals of visual elements used as proof of validity.
- The Client guarantees that they have rightful permission to use all text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks and other artworks sent to VERZ for the purpose of inclusion in web pages or other collaterals. The Client agrees to indemnify VERZ from any claim or suit arising from these elements supplied by the Client.
- Ownership of assembled works will be transferred to the Client upon full payment of fees. Verz retains the right to showcase these elements in part, or in full as part of its portfolio.
- Work Schedule and Completion Date
The VERZ system emphasizes efficiency through clear communication.
- VERZ will work expediently towards completing project and specifications within a reasonable timeline. However, at its option, VERZ may extend the due date by a period not exceeding 21 days by submitting written notice to the Client.
- In the event that the Client has a specific deadline to meet, this deadline will be written into the quotation specifications and additional loading fees will apply.
- A successful completion of website requires cooperation from the Client, as we require information, contents and approval at various stages of the development work. During any stage, if we are unable to get response or support from the Client, we will send out a Weekly Reminder. The project will be put permanently on hold once we have sent out 3 reminders, and VERZ will have the right to re-allocate resources when the Client is ready to restart the project. VERZ also reserves the right to send out any invoices for work completed, but put permanently on hold due to the Client’s non-support.
- Changes in Project Specifications
- Should the Client desire to amend specifications after both parties have accepted the quotation, the Client is required to submit a written request detailing the desired changes.
- VERZ will review and submit a written response to the request within 5 working days.
- The Client acknowledges that all changes from the quotation terms, including but not limited to additions and alterations to layout, design, text and content will result in revisions to the timeline and cost of the project.
- Limited Liability
- In no event shall VERZ be held responsible for any damages, including but not limited to loss of revenue or profit in any way arising out of services performed by VERZ.
- VERZ is not liable for any failure or delay resulting from physical impediments, national or industry-wide changes to business policies beyond the control of VERZ.
- Termination of Agreement
Notice of cancellation from the Client is required to be delivered in writing.
- There is a minimum cancellation fee equivalent to 20% of the total contract price should the Client opt to cancel the project after signing of contract. This takes into consideration the resources set aside by VERZ as well as Administrative Work done, including Website Questionnaire and Invoice.
- VERZ reserves the right to bill pro rata for work completed through the date of cancellation:
8.2.1 $200 daily for design work.
8.2.2 $500 daily for technical work.
8.2.3 $500 daily for other services, including but not limited to copywriting and marketing.