How To Promote Your Website URL and QR Code
Article by Ruviene Domingo
Graphics Design by Vargheese Martin
People can now keep track of their favourite brands and products through their mobile devices. With almost everything being made accessible through these gadgets nowadays, generating URL/QR codes is an effective way to drive traffic and easily connect your target audience to your digital platforms.
We all know by now that websites are heavily dependent on search engines for visibility, and all websites aim to be on the first page of the search results. With URL/QR codes, you can bypass the search engines and leave your competitors behind by directing your customers straight to your website. All they have to do is scan the QR Code for less than a couple of seconds.
To help you make the most out of this powerful tool, we created a helpful marketing collaterals checklist where you can display your URL/QR codes to promote your website.
5 Places to Display Your URL and QR For Maximum Exposure
You can display your URL/QR codes almost anywhere. The continuous evolution of marketing and advertising practices actually leaves you with a lot of options for where to put them. Suggested below are some of the best spots where you can display your QR codes to grab customers’ attention.
Flyers are one of the most common promotional materials for any business. They are easy to make and distribute. They can also reach a big scope of prospective customers with minimal effort. But to further ensure its effectiveness, your URL/QR Code flyer should consist of the following elements:
- A compelling and catchy title: Use something that can quickly draw your consumers’ attention.
- Short description of the offering: Enlighten your customers about what you are offering and keep it short to make sure that the message gets to them at first glance.
- The appropriate QR Code: Customised QR codes might be unscannable. Be sure to verify your QR code first to make sure that it’s working correctly.
2. Business Cards
Business cards are something you carry with you all the time. Adding a URL/QR code on your business card elevates your business strategy; it helps enhance your site’s visibility and allows customers to save your business information on their smartphones instantly. Here are some advantages of putting QR codes on business cards:
- Dynamic information: If your business contact information change, you won’t have to go around handing out new business cards. You can simply re-use the same QR code to display your updated contact details.
- Clean design: Instead of having a business card cluttered with information, you can just put your name and your QR code. This also appeases the minimalistic approach of design.
- Latest updates: Consumers can scan your QR code to learn what’s new at your store including new deals, discounts, product launches, or special events.
3. Product packaging
Putting your URL/QR code on your product’s packaging can help improve your customer service because it allows you to give them all the information they need in an instant. You can offer your customers a convenient way of viewing your product’s specifications, give delivery or discount coupons, and other relevant deals. This will help boost site visits and increase post-purchase engagement. Here are some points you need to consider to ensure its effectivity:
- Make sure the QR code can be scanned easily: Always test the QR code before printing it out on product packaging. In addition, ensure that the size of your QR code is not too small to be scanned.
- Include a compelling CTA: Always add a CTA that will make customers want to scan your QR code.
- Focus on placement: Make sure that your QR code is not placed on a fold or a corner. It should always be visible at the front of your packaging.
A poster in public places can be used to attract people walking by. Turn them into prospective customers by using your URL/QR code to advertise your new products and services. Alert consumers about new offers by using your QR code to capture leads. A QR code on a poster can also be useful in helping you retain your loyal customers using the following strategies:
- Subscribe to Newsletter: Get the word out about your newsletter with a QR code poster. Your customers can scan the QR Code and subscribe to the newsletter immediately to get all the latest updates from your business.
- Customer Feedback: Apart from feedback on the products, you can also ask customers to leave feedback regarding their purchase experience. But instead of a feedback form, you can simply let your customers scan the QR code. By implementing a customer feedback system, your customers will see that they are valued.
- Engage with social media business pages: Several businesses don’t really spend much on marketing and leverage the power of social media to get the word out about their business and products. You can use QR code posters and get shoppers to follow you on social media.
- Join loyalty programs: You can make it easy for shoppers to join your loyalty program with a QR Code poster. Customers can simply scan your QR code and sign up on the spot.
5. Billboards and banners
Customers find billboards far more engaging than online ads. Billboards and banners are also far more visible than other promotional materials. Businesses are already using billboards and banners to announce sales and discounts. Adding a QR code is helpful in getting your customers to retain that information. here’s why they’re effective:
- Track analytics: Adding a QR Code to a billboard ad can allow you to get specific analytics and information such as time of scan, location, date, country, OS used, etc.
- Retargeting online: Retargeting will help reinforce your product or branding in a consumer’s mind. Once they see your advertisement and scan your QR code, you can easily retarget them online with Facebook and Google Conversion ID.
- No need for an app: QR Codes have gained popularity over the last few years because of its convenience. You don’t need an app for it, customers will only have to point their mobile phones at the QR Code for less than a second and they’ll have whatever they need.
Match your email address and domain name
Your email address is what will represent you when communicating or reaching out to your existing and prospective clients. Professionalism is key to making a good first impression. That is why it is important that you use a professional email address.
A professional email address is one that is similar to your domain name (i.e., verzdesign.com and [email protected]). This will help prevent your emails from being mistaken as spam resulting in being completely ignored by your current or potential customers. By using matching email and domain addresses, you present yourself as a professional. This also establishes credibility in the consumer and clients’ mind and helps you build your digital identity. Lastly, but most importantly, it helps them find your website directly from your email address.
Leave all your digital marketing needs to Verz
As an experienced web design agency, Verz offers end-to-end web development and digital marketing solutions. From the design process to the promotion, we got you covered! Allow us to guide you through your journey to web excellence.
Call us at 6841 1680 or email us at [email protected] for a free consultation!