Effective search engine optimization is about more than just keywords tossed into an article. The content farms we’ve all become so familiar with are disappearing as search engines focus on sites with actual content instead of these repetitive, useless advertising ploys. For most companies, an effective blog can provide a great way to promote your business and increase your traffic from search engines, too. Here are some key elements you need to be aware of concerning blogging.
1. Add Personality to Your Company – Blogs offer a way to connect with your clients and customers on a personal level. More than press releases and newsletters, for sure. Maintaining a good blog is a great way to let your customers open a dialogue with you and become more aware of your brand.
2. Quick, Timely Updates – You can use your blog as a way to post updates and news about your business as it occurs. Running a special or having a sale? Made a huge deal that will affect everything about your business? Hire a vital member of your team? Announce it on your blog, and keep your clients in the know. Your news will hit the world far quicker than a standard news release.
3. Better SEO – You can utilize a blog as a way to introduce new keywords to your site, targeting specific things with each post. If your main site is lacking certain keywords, your blog is a great place to introduce them. You can likely enjoy increased site visits thanks to a few strategic blog posts. And if you suddenly take offer new services, rather than waiting until your main site is reworked you can tailor your blog post to help draw in clients immediately.
4. Networking – Depending on your industry, a blog provides a great way to network with other industry members. From swapping off guest blog posts to developing a link sharing exchange, you can learn new things and build new clientele through your blog.
5. Build your Reputation – By offering articles, advice, and valuable information about your industry through your blog, you can establish yourself as a knowledgeable, trustworthy leader in the industry. In doing this, your blog could be the first stop for people looking for specific, useful info on a certain topic that you’ve proven yourself in.
These are all valuable things that a blog can do for you and your company, but the main thing you need to remember is that a blog left unattended is a blog left unvisited. Make regular updates, at least once a week, in order to build a following and keep your site fresh.